Job position: EA to Economic Counsellor and Deputy Economic Counsellor (“Assistant Polyvalent”) [fr]
The Economic Division of the Embassy of France in Canberra is seeking to employ a bilingual English/French-speaking Admin Manager – EA to Economic Counsellor and Deputy Economic Counsellor (“Assistant Polyvalent”).
The Assistant coordinates and / or performs administrative tasks related to the Economic Counsellor and his Deputy and also collaborates with the Chancery and the Department of Finance and Administration.
• EA to Economic Counsellor and Deputy Economic Counsellor;
• Administrative management, personnel & interns management;
• Coordination for meetings, conferences & visiting delegations;
• Support the administrative and logistical aspects of the actions taken by the Economic Division;
• Budget preparation and accounting;
• Administrative management of French Foreign Trade Advisors of the Pacific zone;
• Monitoring of specific issues and writing of thematic reports (real estate, cost of living, pension & retirement benefits, wage trends and exchange rates…etc.);
• Involvement in some benchmarking studies.
• Complete translations of correspondences, agreements, biographies, schedules...;
• IT coordinator: ensure the smooth operation of the office and update the office website.
• English native speaker with good level of French;
• Sound administrative and accounting procedures;
• Organisational ability and initiative;
• Strong team working skills and high level of discretion (handling of confidential information).
• Experience in event organising or project management;
• Demonstrate dynamism and flexibility;
• Good command of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary and conditions:
• Annual remuneration $61,022.00;
• 11.75% contribution to the Superannuation Fund;
• Ongoing position;
• 37 hours / wee and entitlement to five weeks paid annual leave.
This local level position is open to all nationalities; nevertheless, non-Australian applicants must hold a valid Australian working visa. The French Embassy does not provide sponsoring.
If you are interested in this job offer (effective 19/12/2016), please send your resume and motivation letter by email, addressed to the Economic Counsellor, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 September 2016.