Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in Wallis-and-Futuna [fr]
One position is available in 2017 for an English Language Assistant in Wallis-and-Futuna.
The 2017 campaign for the English Language Assistant position is now closed. Applications for the 2018 program will open in early 2017.
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their position (from 1 March 2017). They should also preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of their application, and must have completed at least 2 years of university studies.
- Minimum Level B1 in French is required (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom in oral and written English with small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
- Length: 7 months - from March 1 2017 to September 30 2017
- A 12-hour per-week schedule in one or more secondary schools
- Net monthly remuneration: 1978 € (236 038,19 F XFP)
- Monthly living allowance: 460,90€
Applications should include:
- 2 copies of the completed application form, with 2 passport photos stapled to the application forms with the candidate’s full name on the back of the picture.
- 2 copies of the university transcripts and the degrees obtained (if applicable).
- 2 copies of the medical form.
- 2 copies of the passport ID page (the passport must be valid until December 2017).
- 2 copies of 2 teacher’s appraisals- the forms must be signed by the teachers and stamped by the university.
- 1 unstamped envelope with the applicants postal address.
- 3 photos of identification.
All application forms will available for download in early 2017 for the 2018 program.
Embassy of France
Higher Education Office - English Language Assistants in Wallis-and-Futuna
6 Perth Avenue
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please ensure all copies are collated and stapled together and that there are no loose sheets or photos with your application.
NB: Cancellation of an appointment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.
Information will be available once the selection has been made.
Please consider applying for the English language assistants program in Metropolitan France and Overseas Departments or in New Caledonia.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org