Become an English Language Teaching Assistant in New Caledonia [fr]
Applications for the English Language Assistant program in New Caledonia are now open. This is a wonderful opportunity to discover New Caledonia and its culture, and to improve your French language skills.
The applications for the 2017 English Language Teaching Assistant Program in New Caledonia are now open!
This program is aimed at students who intend to become French or English language teachers, with little to no teaching experience. It is not aimed at experienced teachers.
- Candidates must be Australian citizens or permanent residents***.
- Candidates must be enrolled at an Australian university at the time of application, and must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions (from 13 March 2017).
- Candidates must have a minimum Level B1 in French (see the Cadre européen commun de références pour les langues).
- Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
- Candidates must submit a National Police Check no older than three months.
***Permanent residents: for information regarding the requirements, please contact Eleanor Harley at email@example.com.
Role of the Assistant
Tasks to be carried out by the assistant include:
- Providing help in the classroom with oral and written English for small groups of students for 12 hours every week.
- Providing linguistic and cultural assistance to teachers.
- Making recordings on tape for the audio-visual resources of the school’s library.
- Length: 7 months, from March 13 2017 to October 13 2017.
- A 12-hour per week schedule.
- Net monthly allowance: 1530 € (182 000 F CFP).
Applications should include:
- 2 copies of the completed application form.
- 2 passport photos stapled to the application forms with the candidate’s full name on the back of the picture.
- 2 copies of the university transcripts and the degrees obtained (if applicable).
- 2 copies of the medical form (p. 8 of the application form).
- 2 copies of the passport ID page (the passport must be valid until December 2017).
- 2 copies of 2 teacher’s appraisals (pp. 6-7 of the application form) - the forms must be signed by the teachers and stamped by the university.
- 2 copies of the National Police Check.
Embassy of France
Higher Education Office - English Language Assistants in New Caledonia
6 Perth Avenue
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please ensure all copies are collated and stapled together and that there are no loose sheets or photos with your application.
NB: Cancellation of an appointment, except for valid medical or family reasons (certificate required) will disqualify the candidate from applying the following year.
Information will be available once the selection has been made.
Please consider applying for the English language assistantship program in Metropolitan France and Overseas Departments or in Wallis-and-Futuna.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org