2016 Scientific mobilisation program [fr]
The 2016 call for applications for this program is now closed. This page is maintained only for information purposes.
The Embassy of France in Australia is offering a grant to researchers working in Australia to travel France. The aim of this travel grant is to facilitate and enhance collaboration between France and Australia. The travel grant will cover the expense of one economy return airfare from any capital city in Australia to a major airport in France, covering a period of a maximum of 28 days.
(For scientists wishing to travel from France to Australia, click here)
UPDATED 2016 call for applications closed
The Embassy of France in Australia is offering a grant to researchers working in Australia to travel France in 2016. The aim of this travel grant is to facilitate and enhance collaboration between France and Australia. The travel grant will cover the expense of one economy return airfare from any capital city in Australia to a major airport in France, covering a period of a maximum of 28 days.
Please note the Scientific Mobilisation Program aims to create scientific or technological research collaborations and exclusively funds the exchange for field research or work within a laboratory. This program does not consider applications for participation in conferences and seminars.
Applications are open to researchers of any nationality and level (however, priority will be given to early career researchers) who meet the following criteria:
a. Applicants must be currently:
- undertaking a PhD, preferably as a “cotutelle”, in Australia, OR
- undertaking a postdoc in Australia, OR
- working as a researcher or research assistant in a university or research institution in Australia
b. Applicants must be:
- Conducting a research project that involves at least one French scientific or technological partner, AND
- Participating in the development and monitoring of bilateral research collaboration.
c. Applicants must also be conducting high quality research, judged upon the originality of the research topic, the quality of the research team, the prospects for development and transfer of technologies.
2. Terms of the travel grant
- The 2016 Scientific Mobilisation Program will only cover the expenses for a return trip to France (financial support for living expenses is not included).
- The duration of travel must not exceed 28 days from the date of departure as per the terms provided by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development.
- The tickets are exclusively organised and issued directly through the French agency “Campus France”. Travel must take place between mid-March and 31 December 2016. After the tickets have been issued a date change is not permitted.
- The travels grant allows travel only from Australia to France between international airports.
- Upon acceptance of the funding (if selected), the laureate agrees to provide the Embassy of France with a report on the outcome of her/his mobility no later than 4 weeks after her/his return to Australia.
3. Application process and deadlines
- To apply, you must fill out and sign the attached application form (cover sheet + registration form) and send it, with the relevant attachments (copy of student card, a postdoctoral contract situation proof etc.), to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for sending you application is Monday 1 February 2016, 9am AEDT
- Results will be announced after the meeting of the selection committee mid February 2016.
- Before confirming your dates of travel with the Embassy of France, please ensure you have received your French visa (as the process can take up to three months in some cases).
- A minimum of four weeks is required, (once you have received your visa) to order your plane tickets.
Within these constraints, the earliest departure possible is from late-March 2016.
- 154 kb
- Science Mobilization Program - Application form